Macrame Care and Cleaning
Cotton fiber comes from a cotton plant, which makes it a 100% natural material. Cotton is soft and pleasant to touch, yet it is very durable. To ensure your new macrame art lives a long a happy life, please follow our instructions on proper care and maintenance.
Hanging your macrame
- Cotton fiber macrame pieces are meant to be used indoors. If you plan on hanging your art outdoors, ensure you protect it from the sun and water exposure.
- Keep the fibers away from an open flame (candles, fireplaces)
Cleaning your macrame
- Spot clean with white, damp cloth using a mild detergent
- Always use cold water to prevent shrinkage
- Avoid any detergents with bleach
- To dry, hang in a well ventilated area
- Clean while the stain is fresh
- Run your item under the cold tap through the back of the stain for 3-5 minutes, and then rub the stain gently
- Use mild detergent as needed
Be on a lookout for pests
- Like any other natural fiber (for example, wool or silk) cotton can become a food source for various pests. To prevent this from happening, make sure to remove any dust at least once a month from your macrame by using a white damp cloth and duster.
- You can iron or use a steamer on your macrame piece to remove any wrinkles caused by washing or shipping
If you have any questions regarding your purchase with us, please do not hesitate to reach out via email: email@example.com